Natural Hair Certification
FOR PROFESSIONALS & STUDENTS
Sunday - Monday, January 29-30, 2023!
The Crown Natural Hair Certification is everything you've been waiting for & this is just for Beauty Professionals and Students in Cosmetology, Hair Design or Barbering School! This intensive certification course will prepare you for braiding, cutting, traditional locs, two strand twists, understanding products & tools, and the history of Natural Hair Styling. As cosmetology schools only offer a limited amount of education for curly hair, we felt it necessary to offer you a safe space to learn more about naturally curly hair.
Meet Your Instructors!
Imani Powell & Angelica Galindez
Imani Powell is the Owner of Essence of Ebony, a Natural Hair home for the African Diaspora. She is a Natural Hair Stylists & Coach and has over 10 years of experience specifically in Natural Hair care. She created a Luxury Natural Hair Care Line, Amber Reign, dedicated to the Curly & Black hair community.
Angelica Galindez (@imthebaldstylist) has been a licensed cosmetologist for 10 years and she specializes in color correction and event hairstyling. Angelica owns and operates her personal brand Angelica Galindez, LLC (@angelicasgalindez) and is the co-owner of Le Beautique, LLC Salon (@le_beautiquellc) located in Murray, Utah.
What does this certification include?
The Crown Natural Hair Certification includes:
A Full Natural Hair Kit
(Tools, 2 Mannequins, Products and more!)
22 intensive hours (2 day) of hands on training
Topics Covered: History of Black Hair, Science of Black Hair, Individual Braids, Cutting, Products, Tools Two strand twists, coils, Lc initiation, Loc Maintenance and Cornrows
8 hours of written and reading work
Two textbooks and one reading book
Intimate, medium class sizes to gain the optimum experience
Is this certification for me?
If you've ever asked yourself, "where can I learn more about curly hair from an expert?" then this is for you. If you have ever had a client with curly/coily hair that you weren't fully confident in servicing, then this is the best place to be. If you are a student, cosmetology or barber instructor, teacher, beauty professional - you're in the right place.
Why Should I get this Certification?
This certification will not only allow you to learn more about a neglected subject area, you will have the opportunity to expand your clientele and your skills in order to help more people than you could before. If you're doing this for yourself, you will be able to work through your hair with ease and more understanding. Natural, curly hair has a deep history, and once you know where it comes from, you'll be able to use the tools and products to gain the best results. Take the leap to learn more about your current or future clients, current clients and more about yourself. Education is always the best tool to success!
How Do I Apply?
Congratulations on taking the leap! Follow the steps below.
Deadline to apply for January 2023 Cohort:
December 1, 2022
1. Click the link that says " Apply Now!" The Deadline is December 1, 2022.
2. Book Your Virtual Consultation. This will complete your application process.
3. Be sure to enter your address so you can receive your kit.
4. Payment Options:
1. Pay In Full
2. Payment Plan (Includes Interest)
5. During the Virtual Consultation, we will discuss the program in detail, any questions you have and which payment option is best for you.
6. Once you complete the application, the virtual consultation and your first or full payment, you will officially be enrolled in The Crown Natural Hair Certification Program.
Dates of Certification Program
January 2023 Graduating Class Schedule
Sunday, January 29, 2023
Monday, January 30, 2023
15 spots available
Time: 8:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.
(1 hour lunch break)
Time: 8:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.
(1 hour lunch break)
Scholarship Applications Will Open Soon!
Apply to receive one of 3 scholarships!
Deadline is November 20, 2023 to apply so apply today by clicking the button below. Additional information will be provided once you click the link!
Gold: Full Scholarship - Paid in full!
Silver: Partial Scholarship - 50% paid
Bronze: $150 off the total price of the program
HOW MANY SLOTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE MARCH COHORT?
- There will one graduating classes. We are only accepting 12 applicants for the January graduating classes.
IF I APPLY NOW AND IM NOT ACCEPTED INTO THIS COHORT, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY?
- Yes, absolutely. We will close the applications when the 12 spots have been secured. All applicants after completion will move to the next graduating class.
WHEN IS THE NEXT GRADUATING CLASS?
- Fall of 2023. The next date will be announced in March 2023. You will receive an email if you are subscribed to the email list.
CAN I APPLY FOR THE FALL 2023 GRADUATING CLASS?
- As of now, we are only accepting applications for the January graduating class. We will notify you when the next round of applications open. Be sure to subscribe to the email list so you are notified.
WHERE IS THIS PROGRAM PHYSICALLY LOCATED?
- As of now, this class will physically take place in West Jordan, UT. The location is subject to change. Participants will be notified.
IF I AM OUT OF THE STATE OF UTAH, HOW CAN I GET THIS CERTIFICATION?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and include if you are apart of any beauty school currently or are currently working as a stylist. This certification will be in other states soon.
IS MY DEPOSIT REFUNDABLE?
- Unfortunately, no. All deposits & payments are non-refundable.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I'M STILL UNSURE OF MY DECISION?
- Email: email@example.com
Subject line: The Natural Hair Certification Program.